How to Change Your Desktop Background
In Windows 10
In Windows 10 the default desktop background is a simple blue with the Windows icon. It’s nice enough but I have always liked to change my desktop background to fit my mood or the season. So, I decided it was time for a change and I learned how to change my desktop background.
- Open the Start Menu (the Windows icon in the lower left)
- Go to Settings (the gear icon)
- Go to Personalization
- Go to Background > On the right at the top is the word PREVIEW and beneath this is a box where the preview of your selection will appear. Click the dropdown box under Background on the right under the preview box and you will see 3 choices: Picture, Solid Color or Slideshow.
- Picture: you can choose one of the pictures they have supplied or you can browse using the BROWSE button below the row of pictures they offer. You can select from pictures you have put on your PC or you can browse the web.
- Solid Color: If you select this a color grid will appear for you to choose from.
- Slide show: Slide show will allow you to set up an album of pictures and set how you want the slideshow to appear including the order of the pictures and how long each picture will remain up before it changes.
- You can select Choose a Fit under the browse button to modify your chosen picture, to make it fit your screen. You can center it, fill the screen, or even stretch it.
You can import pictures from the web or from pictures you have taken and personalize your background to suit yourself and change it as frequently as you want. You can even put up family photos, vacation pictures and your own pet parade.